The Bible encourages a grateful heart. In fact, believers are commanded to be thankful in all circumstances; no easy task! (Eph 5:20) Now, scientific research is confirming what the Bible has taught for millenia and what your grandmother told you, having a grateful heart matters. Forbes Magazine shared 7 Scientifically Proven Benefits of Gratitude.
1. Gratitude opens the door to more relationships
2. Gratitude improves physical health
3. Gratitude improves psychological health
4. Gratitude enhances empathy and reduces aggression
5. Grateful people sleep better
6. Gratitude improves self-esteem
7. Gratitude increases mental strength
Amy Morin, the author of the article concludes, "we all have the ability and opportunity to cultivate gratitude. Simply take a few mooments to focus on all that you have - rather than complain about all the things you think you deserve. Developing an "attitude of gratitude" is one of the simplest ways to imporve your satisfaction with life.
You can evaluate your attitude to gratitude with this quiz prepared by the University of California Berkley here